Version 1 – 22nd May 2018
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Who we are
McMurrays Haulage Ltd (“we”, “us”) is the operator of the website www.mcmurayshaulage.com. We collect, use and are responsible for certain information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
How we use your information
We, McMurrays Haulage Limited, will collect and use your personal data for the delivery of transport and logistics services and to fulfil any contractual agreements between us or one of our partners using/providing our services. This information is used to process your orders, manage your account and to correspond with you in relation to your activities with us.
Why does McMurrays need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with our transport/logistic services we need to collect personal data for the purpose of correspondence, delivery of services and billing. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes McMurrays Haulage Limited would contact you for additional consent.
Will McMurrays Haulage Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to McMurrays Haulage Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely. When we no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with McMurrays Haulage Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so.
How will McMurrays Haulage Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
McMurrays Haulage Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. McMurrays Haulage Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will McMurrays Haulage Limited contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
How long will McMurrays Haulage Limited retain my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with McMurrays Haulage Ltd. We may also retain your information for longer if we need it for insurance or legal purposes.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
McMurrays Haulage Ltd at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If McMurrays Haulage Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of McMurrays Haulage Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Access to your information and correction requests
You have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email email@example.com or write to Data Protection Manager, McMurrays Haulage Ltd, Bridge Street, Church, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 4HU.
We will ensure the relevant information is provided to you in a usable format within 1 month.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
McMurrays Haulage Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Photo ID (Driving License, Passport, Union Card, Identity card)
- Address ID (Council Tax, Utility Bill, Bank Statement)
Contact details of the Data Protection Manager / GDPR Owner:
Write to us:
Data Protection Manager, McMurrays Haulage Ltd, Bridge Street, Church, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 4HU
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org